The Genomic Biobank in Malaysia Genome Institute is a depository facility designed to collect, process, store and track biospecimens swiftly and efficiently. We preserve biospecimens for research & industrial purpose, and provide support for research project by ensuring quality and safety of biospecimens. The Genomic Biobankis a dedicated, air conditioned room containing 8 units of Ultralow Freezers (-80°C) and 9 units of Frozen Freezers (-20°C) in which samples are optimally stored with round the clock monitoring and controlled access to the facility. The in-house developed web-based Genome Biobank Management System (GBB-ms) provides a biospecimen information storage using robust centralized data management systems.
• Long-term biospecimens storage for cells (bacteria, yeast, fungi), genetic vectors (DNA, RNA) and proteins
• Freezer rentals with biobankbiospecimens
• Low temperature resistant barcode label printing
• Ultralow Freezers (-80°C) and Frozen Freezers (-20°C) with ducting & integrated.
• Temperature Monitoring System Inventory Rack System (systematic biospecimens and data management)
Confidentiality and Security
Strict confidentiality and security is guaranteed with every project we complete. MGI will not claim ownership of all related intellectual property. Data will be destroyed within 30 days after completion, unless requested otherwise by customer.
We strive to deliver first class products together with professional, fast and competent customer support whenever you need it. Feel free to contact us via email or phone to have our team to assist you.
For further information please contact:
Mohamad Ridzuan Kamarudin (Scientist)
Malaysia Genome Institute (MGI)
National Institute of Biotechnology Malaysia (NIBM)
+6 03 8926 7446 ext. 1508 Fax : +6 03 8926 7972